Establish vision, mission and values
- Determine the organizational vision and mission to guide and set the pace for its current operations and future development.
- Determine the values to be promoted throughout the organization.
- Determine and review organizational goals.
- Determine organizational policies
Set strategy and structure
- Review and evaluate present and future opportunities, threats and risks in the external environment and current and future strengths, weaknesses and risks relating to the organization.
- Determine strategic options, select those to be pursued, and decide the means to implement and support them.
Delegate to management
- Delegate authority to manager, and monitor and evaluate the implementation of policies, strategies and business plans.
- Ensure that internal controls are effective.
- Communicate with manager.